[STR New]

Link: http://www.fltk.org/str.php?L2950
Version: 1.3-feature

I have put the functions in Fl_Menu_Item namespace only because maming them
that way seems to make sense. As far as I know, static functions (and
static class variables) do not break ABI: they are not "really" class
members, just additional ordinary functions and global variables with
fancy naming sugar (functions with class namespace scope). For that matter
even addition of a non-virtual class function should not break ABI either -
any compiler guru can confirm this or am I wrong?

Anyway, the function is to set a mask which menu-item flags should
indicate not to close the menu. In that way an existing application could
take advantage of new behaviour automatically (especially those pesky
submenu items) just by adding simple

Fl_Menu_Item::no_close_flags(FL_MENU_TOGGLE|FL_MENU_RADIO|FL_SUBMENU|FL_SUBMENU_POINTER);

or whatever flags you want at the beginning of the program. But if the
user wants old behaviour and set only a few items explicitly, he can
always define his own flag and set Fl_Menu_Item::no_close_flags(...) mask
to this custom flag only.

R.