On 01/20/12 14:59, Paul R wrote:
> Greg, thanks, I checked your page link, also in relation to the
> fluid code view i see exactly what you mean, and also there is no
> write enabled! That would be a real improvement on the current
> view the consultants have.

        Right; the example there uses "Fl_Text_Display",
        which is read-only. (ie. you can't type into it)

        Not that you sound like you need it, but if you wanted it
        to be more like an 'editor' where user's can type, you can
        just change "Fl_Text_Display" to "Fl_Text_Editor", and you
        can then also type into it.

> One thing though is what are the limits on the buffer. I know from a
> meeting earlier that there may be 3000 pages, but that would be a real
> exception rather than the rule.

        I don't know there's any limit. I believe it will basically
        load whatever you tell it to, the practical limit being the
        machine's ability to allocate memory.

        I'm not sure if there are performance limits at very high
        values, but I know I've used Fl_Text_Display on very large
        several hundred megabytes, and not seen a problem with speed.

        And like your app, my program was showing programs' realtime
        stdout, which can sometimes be quite voluminous.