> Below is my .fl file with the original menu bar reproducing the error.
> Hope it helps!
> Thanks

Hmm, OK - I *think* the problem is the empty "Recent Files" submenu item...

If that item is made to be not-empty, then things seem to work a whole lot
better!

Though, for what it is worth, I don't think that using the fluid-generated
"offsets" is going to work all that well if you are using any dynamically
generated menu content, since the computed offsets will likely always be wrong.
(Though, indeed I could be wrong too!)

I'd favour doing what Greg does, and build and manipulate the menus
dynamically... Um, try starting about here:

http://www.seriss.com/people/erco/fltk/#Menu_ChangeLabel

The alternate might be, if you plan on having a fixed number of previous files
listed, to pre-populate the "Recent Files" submenu with "unused" entries, then
either hiding or inactivating those until they are populated.

That should work... I think... Maybe... Yup, just tested that and it seems to
be fine (used "inactive" entries in my test, though I assume hidden would do
too!)