> On 21 Feb 2013, at 02:35, edgar wrote:
>
> > I copied hello.cxx from the docs and compiled but the font comes up =
> tiny-
> > definitely not 36 - and does not change when other values are given as =
> arguments. Nor do the fonts change.  If you send me an email address I =
> will send a screenshot with code and the FLTK window.
> >=20
> > One note is that the compiler g++ could not locate the Xext library so =
> I removed it from the compile statement. Is the label font size and type
> > dependent on the Xext lib?
>

> No lib Xext? I'm surprised fltk works at all...!
>
> I'm guessing you don't have the dev packages installed then. If you =
> don't have Xext dev packages, then you are probably missing a load of =
> other good stuff too, so that probably does explain the behaviour you =
> are seeing...
>

> > I can rebuild fltk but it was challenging to get the X11 libraries to =
> link up so I would rather find Xext and get it in the right path if that =
> is the problem.
>
> Yes, sounds like you need to install the dev packages.
>

> What system did you say you were on? Is it ubuntu? They seem to have =
> taken the whole user focus thing a bit too far in their desktop systems, =
> and they leave out a whole pile of dev stuff that you likely need!
>
> =46rom memory... try...
>
>                 apt-get install libx11-dev
>                 apt-get install libxt-dev
>                 apt-get install libxft-dev
>                 apt-get install libglut3-dev =20
>
> Though that list is probably wrong!
>

> Then re-run the fltk configure script from scratch and then rebuild fltk =
> - after that, I'd hope things would be better!
>
> Hello again,

I installed the packages above as mentioned.  One note according to Ubuntu
support: libglut3-dev has been replaced. This package has been replaced by
``freeglut3-dev''. Could this be affecting the fonts?

Anyway, everything installed except libglut3-dev, so I installed freeglut3-dev.
 I then reconfigured the fltk and rebuilt.
Here is what I did:

tar -xvzf fltk-1.3.2-source.tar.gz
cd fltk-1.3.2
./configure
make
#make install

Does the build require flags before running the configure script?

So fltk runs and I can compile the programs but unfortunately it still does not
change the labelsize or labelfont. Do I need to include extra libraries in the
compiler statement?  Here is how I am compiling:

g++ -Wall hellofltk.cxx -I/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib -o hellofltk
-lfltk lXext -lX11 -lm

Thanks.  Please save me from the bloat of Qt or GTK!
edgar