Hi Tom,

> I would like to rework fluidsynths parallel audio rendering. The current
> implementation is not very efficient, the synchronization overhead seems to
> dominate.

How did you come to the conclusion that the synchronization overhead
dominates? Did you actually measure the overhead somehow?

[...]
> Any thoughts on that? In case anybody is interested, you may follow the
> current implementation progress: [3]

Well, for starters I like that your implementation leads to less code. That
is nearly always a good sign, I think. I'm partial to the new OpenMP
dependency, but I don't know if it would cause problems for Android or iOS
platforms.

I do wonder though why OpenMP can do a better job than the current code.
Surely OpenMP also spawns threads in the background and uses conditions /
mutexes behind the scenes. What is it in the current synchronization that
makes it so inefficient?

Cheers,

   Marcus