I’ve filed a FLUID-6244 <https://issues.fluidproject.org/browse/FLUID-6244> to
address this, at least as an initial step, by adding a grunt build process
to the Infusion-Icons <https://github.com/fluid-project/infusion-icons>
 repo.

Here's the suggestion for the new process:

   - In Infusion-Icons add a grunt task to generate an icon font that
   includes all of the icons
   - In Infusion-Icons add a grunt task for building a custom icon font
   based on a config file
      - The config file will be versioned in the project's repo (e.g.
      Infusion), and include the paths to the SVGs to use, and their codepoints
      - The config file would be able to contain any configuration that is
      valid for grunt-webfont task
   - After an icon font is generated, the implementor will need to manually
   place it in the specific project repo

Example Config:
{
    src: [
        "svg/contrast.svg",
        "svg/reset-undo-arrow.svg",
        "svg/line-space-expanded.svg",
        "svg/line-space-condensed.svg",
        "svg/line-space.svg"
    ],
        font: "custom-icons",
        codepoints: {
            "contrast": 0xE005,
            "reset-undo-arrow": 0xE008,
            "line-space-expanded": 0xE009,
            "line-space-condensed": 0xE00a,
            "line-space": 0xE00b
        }
    }
}

I understand this isn’t the most elegant solution, but I think it will at
least, in the short term, provide a workable solution that still preserves
the configuration for generating the icon font and make it easier to see
which icons are included at which codepoints. As we have time in the
future, I think we should look for ways to improve this workflow, including
adding the VM option to remove the need to manually install fontforge and
ttfautohint.

Thanks
Justin

On February 1, 2018 at 12:50:44 PM, Justin Obara (obara.jus...@gmail.com)