[EMAIL PROTECTED],.Internet writes:
>Josh, I can recommand you Jefferson's Birthday/Postface, one of Dick
>Higgins
>best's book, but slightly too expensive (I've never seen it under 200$!)

Ah, what we have come to - not to rub it in but I picked up two copies
of
this book for 5 dollars each (although it was in 1984). Although more
recently
I have seen if for as little as 50 dollars on the old interloc site
(now part of alibris).

Owen

BTW -  if anyone is looking for a good collection of essays (including
the Flynt essay on concept art)
I would recommend Richard Kostelanetz's Esthetics Contemporary - it has
more traditional essays as
well as some by Kaprow, Brecht, etc. and best yet it is still in print
for about 15.00 USD.