Terrence writes;

If books could talk what would they say to each other?
Thinking about that makes me wonder just how careful you have to be when shelving.

I moved recently and built 3x 8'long 2 level shelves. I shift and sort and find I am
reviewing my books and discovering
which are read or unread much read and needs to be re-read. Placement is everything as
well. usually by subject but the
locations are also based on frequency of use, importance and stacks. There is a
recycling box and it never comes back
empty. There is not enough room so there are piles here and there and cupboards and
utility shelves that overflow. The
books suffer form too much authority, control, inequality, overcrowding, segregation
and abuse, and neglect.

T.