> No. (This is an old fallacious argument in favor of censure.) Most lists
> are _not 'moderated.' These lists achieve their own *collectively inherent
> and interesting vitality/direction.

I would second this. But there are second and third wave lists, that do
moderate, more or less satisfying.

The best lists I know are unmoderated. Sometimes, the "listowner" gives
comments, but nor very often.

And IMHO the best lists are those, which can stand "offtopic" themes, like
mp3 here. Th world is changing, its the question if the internet is
becoming just anothe way of distributing TV, or if it is a bigger crowd,
of people who have common interests and share things, as they had done
before. Well, its both.

Brad knows the internet "since 1994" or something, see his famous sig ;-)

H.