Hi all,

first off, spell it:

fluxpunx..........2,3,4.......

meryl wrote:

>As for Uncle Al - Do What THou Wilt doesn't mean do whatever you want and
fuck the repercussions.  It means do what YOU feel is right and be aware of
(and accept) the repercussions.<

Well, let's not forget that Crowley was incredibly rich and never worked a
day in his life....when you've got money you can afford to spend your time
getting wasted, climbing mountains and summoning small demons.

I thought that many of Crowley's ideas including the "Do what thou wilt
shall be the whole of the law" one came from Rabelais (Gargantua and
Pantagruel ?) also the idea for the Abbey of Thelema. I think this approach
to freedom is as old as time itself.

The most impressive thing about Crowley is the fact that he was so ahead of
his time...the original victorian hippy!

BTW - I must confess to being a smoker with no interest in quitting....then
again I believe that America as a nation is against smoking unlike Europe
where smoking is considered a wonderful thing. I've heard that in Greece
many people smoke while swimming in the sea and holding one hand out of the
water to hold their cigarettes!!

Reed wrote:

>The most unfortunate part of participating in Fluxlist is that professional
artists are allowed to participate also.<

I think any division into professional and non-professional in art is
ultimately fruitless. Reed, I've seen your work and you're very professional
in your methods..I also know you to carefully consider your work and
practice self-criticism in order to maintain a high standard...this is
professional practice..whilst you may not be making your living as an artist
your approach is professional....if we remove money all labels have a little
more meaning and serve as better descriptors of what actually is.

As for art students, I like having students on the list...Fluxlist should be
for all ages and all walks of life in art...........we have a range...older
members who can share their body of knowledge and experience of history,
younger members who bring new enthusiasm and fresh ideas.Great Stuff! BTW -
I notice quite a few new voices on the list recently , I'd like to say
welcome to you all :-)

And good luck to anyone starting college/university in a few weeks...you
will find it a rewarding experience and meet new people which is always a
wonderful thing.

cheers,

Sol.