Salutations Roger et Cie.--

        thank you for the wonderful letter re the move--

        thank you also for the invitation to the proposed project

        yes indeed, i wd like to contribute to the

        "unfinished business" project--

        (it cd just be left "open ended", rather than "finished off"!)

        sometimes an unfinished piece seems to suggest so many
        tantalizing detours, side streets, by ways--

        that one wants to leave it unfinished, as to complete it might be
        to forever cut off those avenues of promise & possibility

        it is like a dream from which one awakes and can't quite recall
        all the fragments--an so it continues to haunt the mind & memory

        of course, one cd always just make many copies of the unfinished
piece and then to each one do a different versions of finishing it

        but sometimes is more powerfully moving to just leave that
        haunting open ended pathway --open for dreaming . . .

        unfinished business:  room to dream

        dave baptiste