Actually, I didn't find this account that idiosyncratic. For example, Eric's
effort to distance Fluxus from what Maciunas tried to define it as is one that
can be found in varying degrees in a lot of the original accounts of Fluxus.

I thought the point that Fluxus represented what was possibly the first
international organization of artists was interesting.

I appreciate Eric's effort to distinguish living Fluxus from what some art
scholars try to turn it into -- and would like to learn more about that. For
example, the attempt to define Fluxus as a movment begining and ending with
Maciunas seems highly contentious

>From his remarks, I also understand now why he attacks the notion that Fluxus
stemmed from the encounter with Cage, etc...

It would be a good use of Fluxlist to discuss this article...

cheers,
George