A Collection of Ideas About Fluxus

"...it was meant to be a long-lasting idea or tradition with continuing converts and practitioners. That is the way I look at it and that is the way I deal with it." [Don Boyd]

"I think what makes Fluxus so dynamic and interesting to me is that there is no definition - I wish people would just accept that. The appealing idea is that Fluxus is inclusive. Artists spend most of their careers being rejected which is why Fluxus is so refreshing..." [Dawg]

"Fluxus is not a moment in history, or an art movement. Fluxus is a way of doing things, a tradition, and a way of life and death." [Dick Higgins]*

"Fluxus is more valuable as an idea and a potential for social change than as a specific group of people or a collection of objects." [Ken Friedman]*

This is how I see Fluxus as well.

I posted something back in March that works for me and seems to fit:

1) Fluxus makes the mundane magical.
2) Fluxus happens when one feels that life and art must be taken so
seriously, that it becomes impossible to take life or art seriously.
3) Ordinary acts and ordinary objects perceived in extraordinary ways.

Allan Revich

* from http://www.artnotart.com/fluxus/kfriedman-fourtyyears.html