Yes, this is the "official" announcement
(barring the three previous unofficial announcements):

Begin forwarded message:

Okie Dokie κυρίες και κύριοι!

I announce the opening of the JOB_APP compilation!

JOB_APP (the JOhn Bennett Audio Poetry Project)

will consist of 50 audio works by 50 Fluxlist folks (I hope!).

The audio pieces that you choose to create will use one of John's text pieces

as a starting point. If you haven't already chosen a work of his to mangle, dangle, or just spangle,

you may want to check the Fluxlist archives here:

http://tinyurl.com/6kqab

Just put Bennett in the Search window and you should have quite a list to work with

(maybe John has other suggestions concerning his website).

I know that not everyone has access to CD burners etc, so this is why I am leaving

the media that you choose to send me pretty much open.

Yes, CDRs and mp3s would be the preferred way, but DAT, minidisc, and cassette would work too.

I've decided on a maximum limit of 10 minutes per person, so that it all can fit as HIGH quality mp3s

on a single CD. When you send your submission,

mention which Bennett text you are using as well as the name of your work.

So if your name is Rusty Naffziger, and you decided to use today's text from John called "Wet Meat"

and you decided to call your work "Semiological Falsesighted," then your work may be listed like this:

1) Rusty Naffziger: Semiological Falsesighted ("Wet Meat")

I've now decided on 3 months deadline instead of 4, so this means that all

CDRs, cassettes, emailed mp3s, etc should be on my desktop by DECEMBER 1

(after all, you won't have time to do anything during December anyway, right?).

I will send reminders to all of you typical last-minute tax senders about

OCTOBER 1 and again about NOVEMBER 1 if we haven't reached 50 submissions by that time.

Of course, I will announce when I've received goodies from 50 folks and begin assembly early.

I will do the assembling of the tracks (probably using chance operations),

the design of the CD covers (each one different) and the design of the 50 discs themselves

(also, each one different). I'm really expecting to spend December doing this

with the intention of getting them to everyone around Xmas time or the first days of '06.

I'm planning, too, on an online "gallery" of the covers and discs so that everyone can see what they didn't get

and begin fighting over trades........................................OK, just kidding on the intent.................................................

hmmm...

OK!

ADDRESS:

Rod Stasick

10455 Sinclair Ave

Dallas, TX 75218-2225

USA

Of course, you know my email address...

Shall we begin right now?

John? Anything to add?

Rod

®od

---
Now playing: Henri Chopin - Sol Air

rhinorrhea: a rhinoceros who talks too much