From: Paul Giddens [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2006 11:29 AM
To: focus-ms@securityfocus.com
Subject: RE: Whole disk encryption

Hey all,

This post has been circulating for a while and I have a quick question.

GIVEN that, if you are concerned about security and want to use
encryption,
WHY would you choose to NOT do full disk?

Any solution where you try to encrypt some, but not all of the disk has
weakness in the plan. So why put yourself (& especially end users)
through the hoops of rolling out a half-done solution?

IF you want security, do full disk.
IF you don't want security, don't do any.
IF you want to be annoyed with partial solutions that are not entirely
secure, spend a lot of time figuring out how to do a semi-encrypted.

Just a thought. Great posts from all views! Love reading this forum! :)
Cheers all!

Go leafs go!

paul g | mcse ccna vcp ccsp ccea rsacse security+ A+