Ours are kept in a safe in the CIO's office and only let out when needed.
They are very closely managed.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeffrey Wei [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2006 9:50 AM
To: focus-ms@securityfocus.com
Subject: RE: Whole disk encryption

To chime in on the encryption issue, how do people handle the added
problem that if an ADMIN who is in charge of the encryption keys
(backups and all) all of a sudden leaves the company?  The important
company data that the company was so diligently trying to protect is now
'protected' against the same company from accessing.

There is the delicate balance here that a company may want to think
about here.

1) Protect sensitive data at all costs?  Even when it can become
detriment to itself
or
2) Temper protection with multiple redundancies, including staff which
can be co$tly

Jeff