RH: How many panels did you use for the hull, Bill?
BS: Only one.

RH: I built a PBK type boat a little over 20 years ago (non-folding, I picked
up the already partially assembled frame where a disillusioned predecessor
had left off) and covered the bottom with a single sheet of heavy PVC
material, which came with the boat. Immense amounts of tugging and some
pretty severe heating (my grandmother's ancient 3,000 Watt space heater came
in very handy!) eliminated almost all the wrinkles. Of course I had to cut
darts in the bow and stern. I would not want to repeat that procedure with a
folding frame, however, since I think I only got away with it by virtue of
the liberal use of copper tacks along the gunwales.

RH: Did you glue or weld them together?
BS: I sewed in three tucks on each side (without cutting the material) and
glued patches over them to cover the stitching.
RH: Are the pictures ready for the webpage yet? :-)

RH: Do you have any plans for a spray deck / skirt yet?
BS: Thinking about it - Probably something that fixes to the coaming with
Velcro . . .
RH: Is there no way to attach it, say, with a heavy duty bungee stitched to
the bottom edge of the spray deck? I just can't get myself to trust Velcro,
even though it seems to be holding up relatively well on the spray deck of my
Russian triple folder ...

Calling Marian Gunkel for news on the latest iteration of his two-piece
open-cockpit single-folding-boat spray deck and separate spray skirt!

Ralph