Last winter I got my hands on an double Klepper built
in the 70's.  It was my neighbors and he lovingly
stored it on his woodpile for 10 years.  I thought it
might be a good fixer upper project, but when I peeled
the dry rotten skin off the hull, I changed my mind
and decided it would be a bad fixer upper project.
I've never used a Klepper in good shape, but the wood
feels weak.  Anyways, maybe the frame is still
useable, but if not, all the hardware is there and
wood templates to copy.

Since I got married, my "workshop" (if one could
indeed call it by that name) is still at my old
roomates' house.  They're getting a new roomate and
need all of my stuff out of the basement.  I have
nowhere to store this frame, so if they haven't gotten
rid of it yet, I'm inclined to just give the frame
away.  It pains me too much to throw away a Klepper.

So, if anyone in the Washington D.C. area is bored and
needs a winter (and spring and summer and
fall)project, I've got a Klepper for you.

Lew Crenshaw
in Alexandria, VA