Hi,

On Nov 28, 2007 12:10 AM, Ian Piumarta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > ? attract many mainstream programmers
>
> No.  Conducive to creating systems/languages (standard or otherwise)
> that will attract the mainstream: YES!

I think this is where I have the biggest problems understanding what
you're trying to achieve.

Is it correct that we'll have a Lisp-like syntax at the lowest level
and a Smalltalk-like syntax above (with some syntax sugar like in
eToys?)?

Why are you building two unpopular languages on top of each other? Why
not just pick Lisp syntax for the foundation and then build a popular
syntax on top of that?

What are children supposed to use? The Smalltalk-like unpopular one
(how much Smalltalk/eToys-like will it be, anyway?) or something
totally different and more attractive to the general public?

Did your (VPRI) research show that Children prefer Smalltalk-like
syntax over Python-like syntax? Or does the fact that the children get
taught (instead of self-taught) and have no syntax choice simply
minimize the syntax issue?

I guess you chose eToys because it's less cryptic/problematic than
Smalltalk? Seriously, I can't imagine young children having fun
learning the difference between:
a < b whileTrue: [...]
[a < b] whileTrue: [...]

Bye,