Michael FIG wrote:
> Such a port would also help with making the next idst independent of
> word size (such as removing the hardcoded 4's and 32's).  This would
> be especially useful in conjunction with static compilation to build
> binaries for smaller embedded systems (I have access to a specialized
> 8-bit Motorola HC11 that I'd like to try out).

Actually I thought this bootstrapping system needs to be as small as
possible, and I'm interested to see just how much it can be stripped
down to old / limited systems like HC11.  (I did some assembly
programming on that chip a few years ago, if it is indeed the same
processor as it was used there.)

- Felix