Whoa, okay. Have to ask. GCC has an intermediate representation that's
intentionally hard to work with, and you're saying that Stallman did this as a
"political blockade?"

I was under the impression that Clang got started up because some folks found
GCC to be too crufty, not too political. This doesn't seem to make sense to me.
Maybe I'm missing some context? Can you cite your sources or elaborate on your
point?