I'm not sure how OMeta would help. At a textual level it's just a
PEG-parser.

I can see how OMeta will make it easier to step away from parsing text
though. Which is precisly the point, text is a bad representation to work
in.

I had some thoughts about how to approach the issue. I was thinking that you
could represent the language in a more semanticaly rich form such as a RAG
stored in a graph database. Then languages would be composed by declaring
lenses between them.

As long as there is a lens to a editor dsl you could edit the labguage in
that editor. If you had a lens from SQL to Java (for example via jdbc) you
could ebed SQL expressions in java code. Give transitive lenses it would
also be a system supporting much reuse. A new DSL could then leverage the
semantic editing support allredy created for other languages.

BR,
John

Sent from my phone
Den 14 jun 2011 16:24 skrev "Tristan Slominski" <tristan.slomin...@gmail.com