It depends what you mean by 'glue' - I think if you're going to quantify
something you should define it.

Do you think accessors in Java and Smalltalk code qualify as 'glue'? I
suppose object-relational mapping declarations would as well, likely any
code traversing an object to obtain data for presentation to a UI. Is all
application code glue, and the only non-glue code is parsing, compilation
or interpretation of glue? Alternatively the only non-glue is the hardware
:)

I've got access to a rather large code base in Smalltalk/Envy format which
would be interesting to analyze (15+ years with probably hundreds of
developers pounding on it with various levels of skill). There is a feature
of John Brant and Don Roberts refactoring browser (
http://www.refactory.com/tools/refactoring-browser) that does some
lint-like analysis of code on the class and application level (Envy's
equivalent of packages), but I can't imagine where to start. On the other
hand, analyzing code that can't be published might not be particularly
useful to anyone here.

Is "glue" code code devoid of semantic or computational intent? Are type
systems purely glue code if they don't have any value at runtime? Does the
term even have any meaning at all?