From: Martin Batty [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 30 May 2001 16:23
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Printing landscape pages using AWTRenderer

Hi,

I'm using the AWTRenderer to print documents. Portrait pages are fine but
I'm having problems with landscape pages.

I have a very basic Printable subclass that calls the AWTRenderer's
printing methods.
If the pageHeight < pageWidth I'd like to rotate the page 90 degrees.

The 'transform' method seems to be a utility to do just that.

 public int print(Graphics g,java.awt.print.PageFormat pf, int pageIndex)
throws java.awt.print.PrinterException {

        if (pageHeight < pageWidth) {
            transform ( (Graphics2D)g, 100, 90);
        }

        return super.print(g,pf,pageIndex);

    }

But this does not change anything. The method manipulates the g2d's
AffineTransform, would it be expected to work in this context?

Any help is appreciated,

Regards,

Martin Batty