Hi,

Could you help me, I still have problem with the pagination of the document.
I have to generate a PDF file starting from a XML document. First I generate
the FO file and then I use the DRIVER of the FOP apps package.
I use the same page definition for all pages; I need a region-before of 7cm
and a region-after of 3.5cm

    <fo:simple-page-master master-name="first" page-width="21cm"
page-height="29.7cm"
        margin-top="0.5cm" margin-bottom="0.5cm" margin-left="0.8cm"
margin-right="0.8cm">
      <fo:region-body margin-top="7cm" margin-bottom="3.5cm"/>
      <fo:region-before extent="7cm"/>
      <fo:region-after extent="3.5cm"/>
    </fo:simple-page-master>

The problem is that the top margin works well, but the bottom margin is
wrong! The page breaks at ~9cm from the bottom.
I use the last version of FOP (Fop-0.18.1-DEV) and my pages have only
tables, different column width and different borders.
I have the impression that the calculation have problem, could be possible?
I have another remarks: on the header I use a table, the cell of this table
have another internal table definition with different number of rows.
When I define the region-before by 7cm, the PDF could not include all the
information, some rows are printed on the next page (the used space is less
then 7cm);
If I extend the region by 10cm, all the information are printed correctly
and the effective height is less then 7cm again.
here the two exemple:

 <<prova7cm.pdf>>  <<prova10cm.pdf>>
Maybe I miss some definition, which one?
For your information, if I use the same *.fo file with the demo version of
XEP - Renderx the pagination is correct!

Thanks
Bye Stefano

Stefano Bianda
Dipl. El. Ing. ETHZ