On 13 Jun 2001 17:33:53 +0530, Hitesh Bagchi wrote:

> I am new to fop and I am not sure whether this is the right place
> to post this question.

> Actually what I intend to do is: Write an application which will
> generate a pdf file using fop and then send it to the printer
> without user intervention. I am able to generate the pdf file
> using fop. It works perfectly. But I am struggling for the past
> few days as to how to print the pdf using fop. I went through
> the mailing list archives and found some references to
> AWTRenderer and PCLRenderer but I couldn't work out a solution.
> Moreover I didn't find the PCLRenderer in fop 0.17. Is it a new
> addition.?
> I tried running the PrintCommandLine program in fop but it always
> gives me an error:
>     using SAX parser org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser
>     using element mapping org.apache.fop.fo.StandardElementMapping
>     using element mapping org.apache.fop.svg.SVGElementMapping
>     using property list mapping
> org.apache.fop.fo.StandardPropertyListMapping
>     using property list mapping
> org.apache.fop.svg.SVGPropertyListMapping
>     building formatting object tree
>     WARNING: Unknown formatting object
> http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform^stylesheet
>     FATAL ERROR: null
>
> Can somebody please help. My query is how to send the generated
> pdf document to the printer to print with the default options.

Unless your printer is capable of printing PDF files directly, you need
to convert the PDF content into a format that the printer recognizes,
such as PostScript or PCL or whatever.

See http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-dev&w=2&r=1&s=printer&q=b for a
discussion of how this is done on Windows with Acrobat Reader.

--
Weiqi Gao
[EMAIL PROTECTED]