Karen Lease <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I see there are several of these. I guess they are coming from the
> automatic nightly build.

Yes, I think so (not sure whether Sam is reading this list and as I'm
at least a little familiar with Gump, I thought I should jump in).

This message comes from a system named Gump, which knows a whole bunch
of projects and how they depend on each other.  Every night Gump will
do a CVS update for all projects and build each project with the
latest code of all other projects - for the results look around at
<http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/gump/>.  The source code for Gump
can be found as a proposal in Jakarta's Alexandria project.

This is not only going to find problems within a single project, but
also helps to track down incompatibilities with older versions that
might get into your code.

The situation for FOP seems to be of this type.  FOP gets built
against the CVS version of Xalan-J2 and this one obviously has changed
in a way that FOP's current build system cannot deal with.

> I must admit that I don't know much about how the build process
> works.  Does anyone know what we should do to find and fix the
> problem?

I'm even less familiar with FOP's build and haven't looked at the
stylesheets at all.  Looking at the error message alone, it seems as
if the problem was indeed in the stylesheet and not within Xalan
(maybe Xalan has become more strict?).

Stefan