I've tried to work out what the problem with this is without success.
The information suggests there is no xalan1 and that xalan2 is present (at
least for the first bit).

I've tried using the current xalan2 cvs without any problems.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Could it be xerces?

Are there any other changes in the way that Gump is doing the build?