I think you need something like this:

  Driver driver = new Driver();
  driver.setRenderer(Driver.RENDER_PDF);
  InputHandler inputHandler = new XSLTInputHandler(xmlFile, xslFile);
  XMLReader parser = inputHandler.getParser();
  driver.buildFOTree(parser, inputHandler);
  driver.format();
  driver.setOutputStream(new FileOutputStream(outFile));
  driver.render();

This information will be one the website when next updated...