--- Chris Leak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm interested in converting FOP to C/C++. Has anyone else looked into this?
>
> Any suggestions would be much appreciate.
>
> Thanks

My first suggestion is to ask yourself "why?".
What earthly reason could you have for requiring a C++ implementation?

Secondly: how well do you know the exisitng FOP code? You do know that people
are discussing a major re-write. Perhaps now is not the best time for it.
Why not wait until FOP actually implements most of the spec...

Thirdly - who would maintain it? We don't have enough developers as it is - so how
would we get more to do a "FOP-C++" ? Do we really want another parallel distribution
to look after?

Goodluck

Alex

=====
Alex McLintock        [EMAIL PROTECTED]    Open Source Consultancy in London
OpenWeb Analysts Ltd, http://www.OWAL.co.uk/
DR WHO COMPETITION:
http://www.diversebooks.com/cgi-bin/caption/captions.cgi?date=200104
Get Your XML T-Shirt <t-shirt/> at http://www.inversity.co.uk/