Just a thought but what you seem to want is the XML file processed by XSL
(which can be on disk).

Have you checked the docs/examples for Xalan, the XSLT processor oncluded
with FOP?
Because that is what you've been asking for: how dow I process my XML file
using my XSLT
stylesheet.

Sorry, no Java programmer so I can't give any techie tips but I'd go and
have a look at the Xalan
docs and examples if I were you..

Good luck,

Michiel