I'm afraid
that PDFDocumentGraphics2D will be no option for you.
I used this interior FOP class to paint directly
with Java onto a PDF page, thus bypassing FO.

So, if FOP 0.19 (i.e. the introduction of Batik functionality for SVG)
didn't give you a push, I can only suggest supercomputing -
or a pledge to the creators of FOP...;-)

Jens Thieler

will >try PDFDocumentGraphics2D, i hope it works. do u have some sample
examples worked >out?