On 14 Jul 2001 15:12:21 +1000, Mark wrote:

> 1. "./build.sh" clean removes the whole lib directory .. it
> this desirable? It stops 'ant' from working. Certainly I can
> work around it, but it seems like a build bug to me.

That did not happen to me.  Running "./build.sh clean" from xml-fop only
deletes the "build" directory.  Running "./build.sh distclean" removed
the "dist-src" and "dist-bin" directories plus the zip and tar.gz files.

> 2. To run the fop.jar with "java -jar fop.jar" appears to require a
> link from build/lib to ../lib,
>
> 3. After getting it all running (yay!) and successfully converting
> FO to PDF, I did a cvs update -d to get the latest sources, and now...
>
>     [javac]
>
>/home/mark/cvs/xml-fop/build/src/org/apache/fop/fo/flow/TableRow.java:240:
> No method matching checkBreakBefore() found in class
> org.apache.fop.fo.PropertyManager.
>     [javac]       int breakStatus = propMgr.checkBreakBefore();
>     [javac]                                                 ^
>
> So something new is broken :-} ... is this what GUMP detects?

Yes that's what GUMP is for.  But it's fixed in CVS now.

--
Weiqi Gao
[EMAIL PROTECTED]