Hi

Yes, Karen, the background-image properties would solve my problems. I'm not
so comfortable with the idea of placing an image file (such as tif) behind
the document's content, altough with reasonable resolution the end-result
would do fine. But implementing an SVG image in body's background would be
excellent! :)