Forgive me if I show my ignorance of FOP internals, but isn't that going to
convert all text read by getBytes into ISO-8859-1. If that's the case, there
might be a few complaints from Unicode users (such as myself).

-----Original Message-----
From: Markus Bernhardt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, 23 July 2001 6:26
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Bug fix for non ASCII environments

Hi !

Finally we have the actual FOP running under OS/390.

We simply replaced all occurencies of

string.getBytes()

with:

try {
    string.getBytes("ISO-8859-1");
} catch (UnsupportedEncodingException) {}

Is there any chance this fix could go into the official FOP package.
It will took only about 30 minutes to inculde it.

- markus