Hi,

I cannot access the FOP-FAQ on the xml.apache.org web
site, concerning the use of FOP, so I write directly
to this list.
I would like to apologise in advance because I am a
real beginner in this field and I might not be using
the right channel to ask my questions (let me know if
this is the case).

Situation:
I have installed sun java v 1.31. I have transformed
an .xml document into a .fo document using an .xsl
document (with msxsl command line). I now try to
transform this .fo document into a.pdf document. I
have also installed msxml v 3.

Problem:
To do the transformation, I am using this command:
java -jar fop.jar doc.fo doc.pdf -d
I then got a lot of error messages (Using SAX Parser
org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser - Building
formatting object tree - Warning: Unknown formatting
object- ERROR: nul).

Questions:
Is this the right way to process an .fo file?
Do I need to install something else to make things
working?
What else should I do?

Thank you in advance and sorry if this question has
nothing to do on this list.

Arnaud Carrard.