On Thu, 09 Aug 2001 03:11:23 Don Wellington wrote:
> Hi all-
>
> I have list-item-label and list-item-body kept
> together on the same page.  I will need a lesson in
> the etiquette of presenting the changes.  Should I
> send the full class files to this list?  Attempt to
> diff the class files?  A little advice woudl be good.

Don,

Generally diffs are a good thing to supply, it makes it much easier and
saves time, thereby increasing your chances of someone putting the code in.
The information you supplied is good for an explaination but would tend to
waste someones time trying to get it back into the class files.

Also the diffs must be attached to the email (not inline, that does nasty
things).

In general I think you are on the right track with the code changes.

> Problem: How to set marker so that if layout is called
> again area will be recreated, but IDs will not. Or,
> how to remove IDs related to above areas as well. 0
> seems to work right now, but maybe markers needed to
> be enumerated?

This is a general problem with many of the fo objects. It should be handled
in a general way ie. better management of the areas, ids and other parts
that change during layout.

If you can come up with a good way of handling this (it is handled in
various different ways in other parts) then it might be possible to use it
generally.