Instead it uses the fillRect routines.

Unfortunately, I needed to have a dashed border (in PDF's) and so put back
(well not exactly hence the query) the old ways. Which seems to work fine
(for me).

If the reason for the change was that some of the other renderers couldn't
cope, perhaps their addLine routines could be changed to redirect to the
fillRect ones.

In any case, could the other line styles please be restored to FOP-PDF.

Here is the diff of org.apache.fop.render.PrintRenderer of what I've done
(between the '===='s):

====
364c364,365
<             addFilledRect(rx, ry, w, top,
---
>             addLine(rx, ry, rx + w, ry, top,
>                       bp.getBorderStyle(BorderAndPadding.TOP),
365a367,369
>         //     addFilledRect(rx, ry, w, top,
>         //                   new
PDFColor(bp.getBorderColor(BorderAndPadding.TOP)));

367c371,372
<             addFilledRect(rx - left, ry - h - bottom, left, h + top +
bottom,
---
>             addLine(rx, ry - h, rx, ry, left,
>                       bp.getBorderStyle(BorderAndPadding.LEFT),
368a374,376
>         //     addFilledRect(rx - left, ry - h - bottom, left, h + top +
bottom,
>         //                   new
PDFColor(bp.getBorderColor(BorderAndPadding.LEFT)));

370c378,379
<             addFilledRect(rx + w, ry - h - bottom, right, h + top +
bottom,
---
>             addLine(rx + w, ry - h, rx + w, ry, right,
>                       bp.getBorderStyle(BorderAndPadding.RIGHT),
371a381,383
>         //     addFilledRect(rx + w, ry - h - bottom, right, h + top +
bottom,
>         //                   new
PDFColor(bp.getBorderColor(BorderAndPadding.RIGHT)));

373c385,386
<             addFilledRect(rx, ry - h - bottom, w, bottom,
---
>             addLine(rx, ry - h, rx + w, ry - h, bottom,
>                       bp.getBorderStyle(BorderAndPadding.BOTTOM),
374a388,389
>         //     addFilledRect(rx, ry - h - bottom, w, bottom,
>         //                   new
PDFColor(bp.getBorderColor(BorderAndPadding.BOTTOM)));
====

TTFN
----
Struan Judd <*> "And so it begins ..."  ICQ: 4498196
http://neongraal.sf.org.nz
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]                 Voicemail and Fax: +1 (201) 305-1011 x1006