We will check whether any of the changes we made to AWTRenderer
(the -awt and -print options) should be reconsidered w/r/t/ the dashed
line style mentioned below.  I'm mostly on vacation and Andy is out of
town for the next week, so it'll be the Aug 25th before we can look at it.

At 09:27 AM 8/15/01 +1200, you wrote:

>Instead it uses the fillRect routines.
>
>Unfortunately, I needed to have a dashed border (in PDF's) and so put back
>(well not exactly hence the query) the old ways. Which seems to work fine
>(for me).
>
>If the reason for the change was that some of the other renderers couldn't
>cope, perhaps their addLine routines could be changed to redirect to the
>fillRect ones.
>
>In any case, could the other line styles please be restored to FOP-PDF.
>
>Here is the diff of org.apache.fop.render.PrintRenderer of what I've done
>(between the '===='s):
>
>====
>364c364,365
><             addFilledRect(rx, ry, w, top,
>---
> >             addLine(rx, ry, rx + w, ry, top,
> >                       bp.getBorderStyle(BorderAndPadding.TOP),
>365a367,369
> >         //     addFilledRect(rx, ry, w, top,
> >         //                   new
>PDFColor(bp.getBorderColor(BorderAndPadding.TOP)));
> >
>367c371,372
><             addFilledRect(rx - left, ry - h - bottom, left, h + top +
>bottom,
>---
> >             addLine(rx, ry - h, rx, ry, left,
> >                       bp.getBorderStyle(BorderAndPadding.LEFT),
>368a374,376
> >         //     addFilledRect(rx - left, ry - h - bottom, left, h + top +
>bottom,
> >         //                   new
>PDFColor(bp.getBorderColor(BorderAndPadding.LEFT)));
> >
>370c378,379
><             addFilledRect(rx + w, ry - h - bottom, right, h + top +
>bottom,
>---
> >             addLine(rx + w, ry - h, rx + w, ry, right,
> >                       bp.getBorderStyle(BorderAndPadding.RIGHT),
>371a381,383
> >         //     addFilledRect(rx + w, ry - h - bottom, right, h + top +
>bottom,
> >         //                   new
>PDFColor(bp.getBorderColor(BorderAndPadding.RIGHT)));
> >
>373c385,386
><             addFilledRect(rx, ry - h - bottom, w, bottom,
>---
> >             addLine(rx, ry - h, rx + w, ry - h, bottom,
> >                       bp.getBorderStyle(BorderAndPadding.BOTTOM),
>374a388,389
> >         //     addFilledRect(rx, ry - h - bottom, w, bottom,
> >         //                   new
>PDFColor(bp.getBorderColor(BorderAndPadding.BOTTOM)));
>====
>
>TTFN
>----
>Struan Judd <*> "And so it begins ..."  ICQ: 4498196
>http://neongraal.sf.org.nz
>mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]                 Voicemail and Fax: +1 (201)
>305-1011 x1006

>For additional commands, email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

         ' Best,
         -Ralph LaChance