From: Jeremias Maerki [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2001 9:21 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: PCL Problems on HP Deskjet 400

I've had a quick look at the HP website. Your DJ 400 is a PCL 3 printer.
Art Welch said the PCL renderer produces PCL5, so this might actually be
the real problem.

Concerning my comment about banding, unfortunately, I haven't found any
information at the HP website.

On Thu, 13 Sep 2001 08:44:55 -0400 avespa wrote:
>  Interesting.... how might I go about testing this?  Could I change the
> renderer and how would I do it?  Could I test this by re-arranging PCL
code
> in the document I produce?
>
> I render an XML stream into a PCL document, then I send it to the printer
in
> a separate step.  How could I 'band' this?
>
> -Tony

Freundliche Grüsse
OUTLINE AG
Jeremias Märki