From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, September 22, 2001 7:32 PM
To: Ajad, Aravind
Subject: Re: PDF generation for the first time is slow....

What servlet engine are you using?  The adaptive classloaders of many
servlet runners (particularly Resin, which otherwise is quite fast) are
atrociously slow.  FOP loads a LOT of classes ... so putting all the FOP
jars in a web-app may be suboptimal unless you configure it to
<load-on-startup/> ... another alternative would be to put the FOP
dependency jars on the system classpath when you start your servlet
runner.

- Rob