Hi all

I'd like to come back to this problem:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rainer Garus" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, September 30, 2001 7:12 PM
Subject: text-align = justify not working correctly with "-" (minus)
characters

> Lines containing "-" (minus) characters are not justified correctly in fop
0.20.1. The line in the pdf file is longer then specified (see attached
files).

> The area tree is correct. It seems that the width of the "-" character
used by the layouter is different from the width of the "-" character in the
pdf file.

> Another Problem: the width of the "-" character in the ps output file is
different from the width of the "-" character in the pdf output file of fop.

> What are the reasons?
>
> Rainer Garus

I discovered that the width of the characters "minus" and "hyphen" in the
font files is different. For example, in Helvetica.xml, "hyphen" has a width
of 333 and "minus" of "324". Why?

Could it be, that somewhere in FOP "minus" and "hyphen" are used as names
for the same characters?

I also recall that there was a bug report concerning "minus" and text
alignment. But it has not yet been resolved. Any ideas out there, where I
would have to look for the base of this problem?

Thanks,

Corinna