Arved (and anyone else interested),

As far as getting this all to work there are a few areas that need some
work.

The image package needs a bit of a rethink:
- explicitly load images only when needed (determining size if size not
specified and for embedding)
- allow for the various types of output
- cache images (weak hashmap?) after finished with (have strong reference
until then)
- renderers keep their own concept of the image once embedded
- central store of images that may have context, be thread safe
- the key to the image is the (original) url

PDF Document classes:
- mostly good and has served us well, except a few bad things have crept
into it (or out of it)
- pdf linking should be completely in the pdf package
- pdf images should be completely inside the pdf package
- fonts

Layout:
No doubt there are a lot of things left to do.
It's hard to pinpoint a particular part at the moment. I am still working
on the concepts.
I suppose we need to work from the top down (root, pagination, flow etc.)
while keeping in mind how to handle things like id references.

Is it possible to add each block to the layout when the end element is
encountered from sax? Then can we quickly start sending pages through to be
rendered as soon as a page has been finished.

Nothing really specific unless you want something simple like title or
color-profile.

Regards,
Keiron Liddle.