The problem is that FOP still makes extensive use of static constructs.
The Options class accesses the Configuration class which has static
Hashtables to hold the configuration.

Apart from that the code below should work.

On Mon, 12 Nov 2001 11:31:28 -0800 Ramin Firoozye wrote:
> Since we're on the subject of embedding FOP...
>
> I still can't figure out how to specify the FOP Driver to load the user
> configuration file from inside a servlet. You need this if you want to have
> your servlet support fonts other than the built-in ones.
>
> The docs say use something like:
>
>   Options opt = new Options();
>   opt.loadUserconfiguration("/path-to-user-conf/userconfig.xml");
>
> But there are no calls on the Driver object (that I can see) to get it to
> use the alternate Options object.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Ramin

Cheers,
Jeremias Märki

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

OUTLINE AG
Fon +41 (41) 317 2020 - Fax +41 (41) 317 2029
Internet http://www.outline.ch