[SNIP]

> hallo,
>
> i have added your support to fop, and it works for cmyk-pictures from
> photoshop. when i convert with jai-classes a rgb to cmyk it looks
> very good in photoshop, but very bad in fop. perhaps you know
> what i have to change in the code. i think it must be on the jpeg-files,
> perhaps i have to generated a numbering for the colors, but i don't know
> where.

I guess the bad image you see is inverted. This is the relevant code in
org.apache.fop.pdf.PDFXObject (around line 193):

  /* PhotoShop generates CMYK values that's inverse,
     this will invert the values - too bad if it's not a PhotoShop
image...*/
  if (fopimage.getColorSpace().getColorSpace() == ColorSpace.DEVICE_CMYK) {
        p = p + "/Decode [ 1.0 0.0 1.0 0.0 1.0 0.0 1.1 0.0 ]\n";
  }

The decode matrix will invert the jpeg. If you comment it out, it won't
invert the picture, but then cmyk jpegs you save from photoshop will be
inverted.

I guess there is some obvious information in the jpeg file that indicates if
the file is inverted or not. If anyone know where/how to find that
information I would gladly add code to handle it.

Tore