Hallo Ulrich

The problem probably lies in org.apache.fop.messaging.MessageHandler
which is used in a static context and constructs it's own Logger. FOP
still needs some refactoring to do logging cleanly.

All you probably need is to also set the Logger on MessageHandler.

Good luck!

On Tue, 20 Nov 2001 11:43:31 +0100 Ulrich Mayring wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've written an Avalon block as a wrapper for fop, xalan, batik and
> naturally my Phoenix applications, that use this block, have their own
> logger. It's retrieved in the standard Avalon way by calling
> getLogger(), so I've tried this:
>
> {Class extends AbtractLoggable}
> Driver driver = new Driver();
> driver.setLogger(getLogger());
>
> This compiles fine and my application works fine, too. However, fop's
> log output goes to System.out instead of the log file. Normally, when
> using Avalon's logger, I just write things like:
>
> getLogger().debug("shows up when log level is DEBUG");
> getLogger().info("shows up when log level is INFO");
> getLogger().error("shows up when log level is ERROR");
>
> So if fop calls these methods as well, it should theoretically work. Any
> tips on what goes wrong here?
>
> cheers,
>
> Ulrich
>
> --
> Ulrich Mayring
> DENIC eG, Systementwicklung

Cheers,
Jeremias Märki

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

OUTLINE AG
Fon +41 (41) 317 2020 - Fax +41 (41) 317 2029
Internet http://www.outline.ch