Hi,

I had the same problem:

For me it worked to change the name of the servlet (let's say report to
report.pdf)
For outputting I use the function:

  public void renderFO( Document doc, HttpServletResponse
response,HttpServletRequest request ) throws Exception {

// Create the PDF.

    MessageHandler.setOutputMethod( MessageHandler.NONE );

    Driver driver = new Driver();
    driver.setRenderer( Driver.RENDER_PDF );

    driver.addElementMapping(
"org.apache.fop.fo.StandardElementMapping");
    driver.addElementMapping( "org.apache.fop.svg.SVGElementMapping" );

    try {
      driver.setOutputStream( out );
      driver.render( doc );
    }
    catch ( Exception ex ) {
      cat.error(ex);
    }
    finally {
      try {
        out.close();
      }
      catch ( IOException e ) {
      }
    }

    byte[] content = out.toByteArray();
    response.setContentLength( content.length );
    response.setContentType( "application/pdf" );
    response.addHeader( "Content-Disposition",
"inline;filename=report.pdf" );
    response.getOutputStream().write( content );
    response.getOutputStream().flush();
  }

Just try, for me it works

Jens