From: Jeremias Maerki [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2001 10:53 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: FOP 0.20 leaves image files open?

PFMReader has nothing to do with images nor is it active when FOP is
processing files. It is used to create XML font metric files. It doesn't
hurt, that this particular file won't get closed.

On Wed, 17 Oct 2001 10:22:26 -0400 Scott Moore wrote:
> I can't be sure of this, but it seems to me that FOP is not closing some
> files that it opens.
>
> Specifically, I'm running FOP in a servlet.  I generate a couple of PNG
> image files, then reference those files during my FOP PDF generation.  The
> images get embedded in the PDF correctly, but after FOP does it's
business,
> it doesn't seem to close the files.  On Windows NT, when a file handle is
> open, it's impossible to delete the file until the handle is closed either
> by the program or by the operating system (e.g., program exits and OS
> releases handles).
>
> This is causing problems because I can't delete those temporary image
files
> in my servlet because of the open file handle.
>
> I searched thru the FOP source code and found one place where it seems the
> file is never closed.
>
> PFMReader.loadPFM()
>
> There may be others, I didn't know which part of the source code I needed
> look thru for image references.
>
> Can someone fix this for the next version of FOP?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Scott Moore
> Senior Developer
> netDecide - http://www.netdecide.com/ <http://www.netdecide.com/>
> 7600 Leesburg Pike, West Building - Suite 100
> Falls Church, Virginia  22043
> (571) 633-6134 (Work)
> (571) 633-6003 (Fax)

Freundliche Grüsse
OUTLINE AG
Jeremias Märki

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Fon +41 (41) 317 2020 - Fax +41 (41) 317 2029
Internet http://www.outline.ch