I want the text to go from the bottom of the page to the top. But if it goes
the other way around I can live with it.

Can you tell me how you did it using svg:text, because I've also tried it
but it seemed that fop could not handle the svg inside the xsl:fo document.

So how do I put an svg into my xsl:fo?