                                          Subject:     XPATH question - not FOP
related
                    22-01-2002

                    19:29

                    Please respond

                    to fop-dev

This is obviously off-topic, but since I have been subscribed to this list
for a few months I know that you folks will be the most likely to answer
this. I have been searching the various references, but I am not even sure
what I should be looking for.

Here is the situation: I am using <xsl:for-each> to loop through some data.
For every pass after the first I want to insert another command. How do I
test to see whether this is the first pass?

example:

<xsl:for-each select="some_data">

 <xsl:if test="is not the first">
  This is not the first!